Byron Z. Moldo is a Partner in the Bankruptcy, Receivership and Creditors’ Rights Department.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Byron’s entire legal career has specialized in bankruptcy, receivership, assignments for the benefit of creditors and all aspects of insolvency. He regularly serves as a Receiver in state and federal court cases, as assignee for the benefit of creditors and as a fiduciary in other court-supervised matters. In addition, a substantial portion of his work consists of serving as general or special counsel to receivers, bankruptcy trustees and other fiduciaries. He also represents creditors’ committees and secured creditors, and has been appointed as a Disbursing Agent, Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Agent and to serve in other fiduciary capacities.
Byron previously served as a Chapter 7 and 11 Bankruptcy Trustee in the Central District of California for approximately ten years. He also serves as a mediator for the Bankruptcy Mediation Program of the Central District of California, and the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He regularly speaks at, and writes materials for continuing legal education seminars related to bankruptcy and receivership. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
Throughout his career Byron has volunteered substantial time by working with children in local sports, and participating in events sponsored by Crossroads School and Windward School where his children attended.
Byron’s passions include wine, food and travel.
- Moldo Davidson Fraioli Seror & Sestanovich LLP, Los Angeles, California, Partner
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Best Lawyers in America, 2019-2021
Southern California Super Lawyers, numerous years
Community & Professional
State Bar of California, Business Law Section, Legislation Subcommittee, Chair
State Bar of California, Business Law Section, Insolvency Law Committee
Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
Beverly Hills Bar Association
California Bankruptcy Forum, Los Angeles/Orange County Chapter
California Receiver’s Forum
National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER), Full Member; Chairperson-Membership Committee
GGI Geneva Group International, Global Vice Chair, Debt Collection, Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group
Westwood Bar Association, Former President
Southern California Bankruptcy Inns of Court, Founding Member
Media & Events
- Partner Byron Moldo Discusses the Financial Fallout of the Pandemic in the LA Business Journal's Bankruptcy RoundtableLos Angeles Business Journal, 07.29.2020
- Southern California Record , 04.15.2020
- ECJ Blogs, 03.23.2020
- GGI Global Alliance’s Debt Collection, Restructuring & Insolvency News, 06.12.2020
- Relativity Bankruptcy Auction: Speed Is an IssueContributing Member, Variety, 08.2015
- An Interview: Judge Dean PregersonReceivership News, Summer 2015
- GGI Debt Collection, Restructuring & Insolvency WebinarGeneva Group International, Live Webcast, 12.01.2020
- CRF Loyola VIII Symposium, Renaissance Hotel, Newport Beach, 01.24.2020
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, Scottsdale, AZ, 10.18.2019
- GGI’s Best Practices & Marketing Professionals Conference, Wichita, Kansas, 09.19.2019
- Practice Tips and Issues at the Intersection of Litigation and Bankruptcy/Receivership MattersGGI Pan-American Regional Conference, Houston, TX, 06.2019
- Health & Safety Receiverships: Legal Breakthroughs and Lessons from the TrenchesCalifornia Receivers Forum, Costa Mesa, CA, 06.2019
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers, Washington, D.C., 10.13.2016
- Locating and Recovering Hidden or Concealed AssetsPFAC Conference, Indian Wells, CA, 06.2016
- Loyola VI Receivership Symposium, Irvine, CA, 01.23.2015
- Growing Your Real Estate Brokerage Business By Expanding Into New MarketsCCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), Los Angeles, CA, 05.2013
- Real Estate ReceivershipsCEB, Los Angeles, CA, 09.2012