Dated October 25, 2019
The Website presents general information about ECJ and is not intended as legal advice nor should you consider it as such. You should not act upon the information on this Website without seeking advice from a lawyer licensed in your own state or country. As used herein, “you” or “user” means anyone who accesses or uses the Website including individuals acting on behalf of any corporation, partnership or other entity with which you are associated.
Our offices are located in the State of California and our attorneys are licensed to practice law by the State Bar of California. We do not seek to, and are unwilling to, represent anyone in any jurisdiction where this Website does not comply or is any way inconsistent with the rules governing communication of legal services in a particular state.
The contents of this Website may constitute advertising under the applicable laws, regulations and ethical rules of some jurisdictions. If this Website fails to comply with the laws, regulations or ethical rules of the state from which you access or view this Website, ECJ does not wish to represent you under those circumstances.
Unless otherwise noted, ECJ attorneys are not certified by the boards of legal specialization of any state.
No Legal Services or Attorney-Client Relationship
The materials available on this Website are intended for informational purposes only. The information provided on this Website does not constitute, and is not a substitute for, legal advice from qualified counsel. You must not and are not authorized to rely on this Website as a source of legal advice. Your use of this Website does not create any attorney-client relationship between you and ECJ. The opinions expressed on or through this Website are the opinions of the individual authors and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of ECJ or any individual attorney.
Please contact us if you are interested in potential legal representation. Please note, however, that the contents of any communication you send to us, electronically or by any other means, will not be considered confidential unless and until we have confirmed in writing to you our acceptance of an engagement to undertake the legal services you request and you have established an attorney-client relationship with us. The Website is not an invitation to form an attorney-client relationship. You should not transmit any confidential or private information to us until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. ECJ does not agree to accept and/or maintain the secrecy of any unsolicited information you send to us unless an attorney-client relationship currently exists between us. ECJ cannot permit an attorney-client relationship to exist until we have obtained all necessary information and evaluated all relevant information concerning potential conflicts of interest. Even in the absence of a conflict of interest, ECJ, in its sole discretion, may decide not to enter into an attorney-client relationship with you.
You agree that you will not use the Website for any illegal purposes, and that you will not:
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or the network and servers associated with the Website;
- circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, security or access control technology used by the Website or the network and servers associated with the Website;
- collect or otherwise use contact information available on the Website for purposes of sending improper, unsolicited communications and that you will not use any ECJ communications facility to deliver, or attempt to deliver, improper, unsolicited communications;
- use the Website in any manner that would degrade the functioning or performance of the Website, including launching Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks against the Website;
- use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website or the computer systems or networks for the Website through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or any items of a destructive nature;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Website any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Website any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Website any materials that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law;
- run Mail list, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Website;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Website, including to engage in the practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping" or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website, including to utilize framing techniques to enclose any content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over the Website's pages, or otherwise affect the display of the Website's pages;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any materials;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website;
- use any robot, spider, Website search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Website or collect information about its users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by ECJ, any of its affiliates or any third parties;
- use the Website for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal and state laws or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions);
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual; or
- use the Website for any commercial purpose whatsoever other than for your personal use.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITED LIABILITY
ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS GENERAL INFORMATION PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE PERIODICALLY ADD CHANGES TO OR UPDATE THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE WITHOUT NOTICE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE. ANY TESTIMONIAL OR ENDORSEMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE, WARRANTY OR PREDICTION REGARDING THE OUTCOME OF YOUR LEGAL MATTER.
Intellectual Property Rights
ECJ retains all right, title and interest in and to the Website, as well as all data, information, content and materials provided on the Website. ECJ further retains all right, title and interest in and to the business processes, procedures, methods and techniques used within the Website and all patent rights, copyright rights, trademark rights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein existing anywhere in the world to the Website. All content on the Website including, without limitation, designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement, are ECJ’s proprietary property with all rights reserved.
Our service marks identify the products and services we provide, and let the public know the source of such products and services. You may not use our standard character marks, design or stylized marks, service marks, tradenames, logos, or taglines (collectively, “ECJ Marks”) without our express prior written consent. You may make fair use of our ECJ Marks consisting solely of words in advertisements and promotional materials and in specifically referencing our products and services, provided that you provide proper attribution and credit to ECJ and follow standard trademark and service mark usage practices. Any other use of our ECJ Marks requires our express prior written consent. You may not use any of our ECJ Marks (1) in a non-ECJ service name or publication title, (2) in, as or as part of your own service or trademarks, (3) to identify services or products that are not ECJ’s, (4) in a way that is likely to cause confusion, (5) in a way that inaccurately implies that we endorse, sponsor, or are otherwise connected with your activities, products or services, or (6) as embedded or hidden text in webpages in an effort to cause a search of ECJ Marks to result in a hit on a page not maintained by ECJ.
Links to Third Party Websites
ECJ is located at 9401 Wilshire Boulevard, 9th Floor, Beverly Hills, California 90212. If you have any questions, please contact Ronnie DeCesare at the above address or via email at email@example.com.