Ken Luer is a Partner and Co-Chair of the Business and Corporate Law Department.
Ken represents entrepreneurs and their businesses, from startups to emerging companies to long-established businesses. For many of these clients, he serves as their outside general counsel. His expertise includes:
- Business law
- Forming and reorganizing companies
- Equity and debt financing
- Technology and trademark licensing
- Strategic alliances
- Contract negotiations
- Mergers & acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions form a significant part of Ken’s practice, where he typically represents business owners in achieving a successful sale to a strategic or financial buyer. He also represents buyers of businesses, often as California M&A counsel to out-of-state companies in their acquisitions of California companies.
As an outgrowth from his core expertise, Ken has a sub-specialty advising family law attorneys and their clients on how to monetize the value of closely-held companies in marital property divisions. He presents his MCLE program, “M&A Advice for Family Law Attorneys,” to family law groups.
Outside the office, Ken’s interests include baseball, writing, music and travel.
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
AV® Preeminent™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Community & Professional
Los Angeles County Bar Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association, Business and Corporations Law Section
ProVisors (Professional Association of Trusted Advisors)
Media & Events
- But What About the Business?State Bar of California, Family Law News, Issue 4, Vol. 37, 01.2016
- Companies Beware: Non-competes are Void in CaliforniaLos Angeles Daily Journal, 10.20.2011
- Your Family Business—Some Common Mistakes to AvoidLos Angeles Business Journal (Supplement), 11.06.2006
- Protecting Business Names and Trademarks on the InternetLos Angeles Business Journal, 03.27.2000
- The Silverado Report and the California ResponseBeverly Hills Bar Association Journal, Vol. 27, No. 2, Spring 1993
- Business Law Section Report on the Third-LegalOpinion Report of the ABA Section of Business LawCo-Author, American Bar Association, 05.1992
- The Guide to Organizing a California CorporationDrafting Committee on State Bar Practice Guide, 1992
- Ervin Cohen & Jessup Guides Merger of Two Leading Water Brands Primo Water Corporation to acquire all outstanding shares of Glacier Water Services10.12.2016