Eric Levinrad is a Partner in the Litigation Department. He focuses his practice on complex business litigation, real estate litigation, probate litigation and intellectual property litigation, including trademark, copyright and trade secret cases, and has extensive trial and appellate experience.
- Successfully defeated claims to a 50% interest in an apartment building and substantial damages, obtaining a complete defense verdict against such claims at trial.
- Successfully represented software developer in claims alleging breaches of software development agreement, leading to favorable settlement and dismissal of claims.
- Successfully litigated claims of encroachment on high end residential real estate, defeating prescriptive easement claims through summary adjudication and obtaining favorable settlement terminating encroachment.
- Defended claims of defamation and tortious interference, obtaining favorable settlement on the eve of trial after obtaining key third party witness declarations conclusively refuting plaintiff’s claims.
- Successfully represented trust beneficiaries in action involving significant trust assets, numerous contested issues and surcharge claims.
- Disposed of Petition against trust beneficiary alleging violation of no contest clause by demurrer.
- Lead counsel in trade secret misappropriation action brought against a group of employees who misappropriated client’s sensitive trade secret information and used misappropriated information to unfairly compete. Settled case on favorable terms after securing order permitting imaging of defendants’ computers and locating “smoking gun” documents evidencing theft.
- Lead counsel in action brought on behalf of international precious metal company to secure recovery for theft of precious metal. Obtained favorable settlement of action for conversion and related claims.
- Lead counsel in successful representation of non-profit foundation in trademark infringement action, obtaining settlement in which defendant agreed to cease all use of disputed trademark and to surrender infringing domain name registrations.
- Litigated wage and hour class action to settlement in case involving over 13,000 employees and 63 restaurants.
- Lead counsel in breach of contract action brought by furniture designer against manufacturer. Secured verdict in favor of designer following trial.
- Successfully represented design company which was sued for the claimed misappropriation of trade secrets and confidential information.
- In re Nestlé USA Beverage Division, Inc., 82 S.W. 3d 767 (Tex. App-Corpus Christian 2002)
- Hobbs v, Weiss, 73 Cal. App. 4th 76 (1999)
Media & Events
Risk Reduction Strategies in “Bet the Company” Trade Secret Misappropriation Actions (Orange County Lawyer, August 2008)
Faculty Member, Bridgeport’s Litigating Trade Secret, Employment Mobility and Corporate Raiding Conferences
Speaker, Orange County Bar Association Intellectual Property/Technology Section Meeting, Risk Reduction Strategies in Trade Secret Misappropriation Actions, July, 2008
J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California