Annual Legal Educational Forum
Kelly O. Scott, Partner and Chair of ECJ’s Employment Law Department has been selected as the keynote speaker at the Legal Education Annual Forum presented by the Orange County Association of Legal Administrators (OC-ALA) and the Greater Los Angeles Association of Legal Administrators (GLA-ALA).
Kelly’s presentation, “New Employment Laws for 2023: What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You!“” will cover of new laws effecting California employers, from new requirements regarding workplace emergency conditions to expansions in family and medical leave requirements. The workplace, and the laws that regulate it, continue to change at an unparalleled pace. The start of 2023 marks yet more dramatic changes in California and federal employment law, including, among many others:
- New marijuana protections for workers using off the clock;
- Expansion of CalSavers program requirements;
- New requirements regarding workplace emergency conditions;
- New California bereavement leave requirements;
- Expansion of California Family Rights Act definition of “family member”;
- New seating accommodation guidance;
- New pay transparency and disclosure requirements;
- New requirements for customer use of employee restrooms;
- New local minimum wage and compensatory time off requirements;
- Important case law updates; and
- Much, much more!
This year’s LEAF will be held in person at the Marriott Anaheim on February 10, 2023.
Get top-tier advice on the most important developments that will have an immediate impact on the way you conduct business in 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay informed!