New Laws for 2023
Kelly O. Scott, Partner and Chair of ECJ’s Employment Law Department will be presenting "New Laws for 2023: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You!" on January 19, 2023 from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM.
It will cover hundreds of new laws passed by the California Legislature are taking effect in the new year, from new requirements regarding workplace emergency conditions to expansions in family and medical leave requirements. The workplace, and the laws that regulate it, continue to change at an unparalleled pace. The start of 2023 marks yet more dramatic changes in California and federal employment law, including, among many others:
- New marijuana protections for workers smoking off the clock;
- Expansion of CalSavers program requirements;
- New requirements regarding workplace emergency conditions;
- New California bereavement leave requirements;
- Expansion of California Family Rights Act definition of “family member”;
- New seating accommodation guidance;
- New pay transparency and disclosure requirements;
- New requirements for customer use of employee restrooms;
- Changes required for subject retailers under local fair workweek laws;
- New local leave and alternative work arrangement requirements;
- New local minimum wage and compensatory time off requirements;
- Important case law updates; and
- Much, much more!
Get top-tier advice on the most important developments that will have an immediate impact on the way you conduct business in 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to stay informed.