Handling Insurance Settlement Disputes Between Insurers and Policyholders
This CLE course, featuring Peter Selvin, Partner and Chair of ECJ's Insurance Coverage and Recovery Department, will discuss the issues that arise when there is conflict involving settlement decisions. It will go over the options regarding disputes such as inadequate settlement amounts and settlement rejections from either the insurer or the policyholder.
Key topics to be discussed:
- The general rule
- Consequences if the insurer declines coverage
- Settlement issues when the insurer defends under a Reservation of Rights
- What happens when the insured refuses to consent to a settlement that the insurer is willing to accept
- What happens when the insurer rejects a settlement that the insured wants to accept
- Disputes about the funding of a settlement Session
- Peter S. Selvin, Ervin Cohen & Jessup, LLP
- Joseph A. Corsmeier, Law Office of Joseph A. Corsmeier, P.A.
Date / Time: January 18, 2023
- 3:00 pm – 5:10 pm Eastern
- 2:00 pm – 4:10 pm Central
- 1:00 pm – 3:10 pm Mountain
- 12:00 pm – 2:10 pm Pacific