Pantea (pronounced Pawn-tee) is a Partner in the Litigation Department.
Pantea focuses on fashioning and implementing creative approaches that maximize the needs of her clients, and the long term goals of their businesses. Pantea has an expertise in real estate and business litigation, with extensive experience in easement, adverse possession, quiet title, trespass, and nuisance lawsuits. Pantea also has experience in myriad employment, intellectual property, and health care matters, and has practiced in both State and Federal courts.
Early in her career, Pantea served as Special Deputy Prosecutor for the City Attorney’s Office of Hermosa Beach, where she first chaired misdemeanor cases through verdict, and lectured on trial advocacy. Prior to joining ECJ, Pantea was a litigation associate at the international law firm of Kirkland & Ellis, LLP where she represented one of the largest hospitals in the U.S. in a securities fraud class action.
Pantea received her Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, from the University of California, Los Angeles. Pantea received her Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School, where she worked as an Editor for both the Negotiation Law Review and the Harvard Law Record. Pantea served as the President of the Harvard Law School Association of Los Angeles (January 2017-2019), and has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers list (2017, 2018 & 2019).
- Represented owners in easement, adverse possession, quiet title, trespass, and nuisance lawsuits
- Represented international developer in fraudulent transfer and contract dispute in connection with a twenty-million dollar property
- Represented widow in probate dispute with stepchildren over residential and business properties inherited by widow from late husband
- Represented landlord in breach of contract, equitable indemnity, and negligence claims against lessee
- Represented client in lawsuit against real estate broker for fraud and extortion
- Represented historical bagel company whose lease was being improperly terminated by their landlord, and succeeded in positioning the client to remain in and purchase the building
- Represented business owner in hotly contested business valuation dispute involving multiple defendants and prevailed on a dispositive anti-SLAPP motion
- Represented property owners of an industrial building in an easement dispute against their neighbors
- Represented lenders in a claim of usury in connection with an $850,000 promissory note
- Represented virtual reality content developers in partnership dispute and litigation involving stolen content, digital media for virtual reality devices, and equipment
- Represented numerous celebrity interior designers in business and employment disputes
- Represented international manufacturer and distributor of aerospace parts in nearly 600 person class action employment lawsuit
- Represented a private hospital in merger with a university medical school to become a nationally distinguished academic medical center
Southern California Super Lawyers, 2017-2019
Past, Southern California Rising Stars, various years
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Los Angeles, California, Litigation Associate