Byron Z. Moldo is a Partner in the Bankruptcy, Receivership, and Creditors’ Rights Department.
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Byron’s entire legal career has specialized in bankruptcy, receivership, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and all aspects of insolvency. He regularly serves as a Receiver in state and federal court cases, as assignee for the benefit of creditors, and as a fiduciary in other court-supervised matters. In addition, a substantial portion of his work consists of serving as general or special counsel to receivers, bankruptcy trustees and other fiduciaries. He also represents creditors’ committees and secured creditors, and has been appointed as a Disbursing Agent, Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Agent, and to serve in other fiduciary capacities..
Byron previously served as a Chapter 7 and 11 Bankruptcy Trustee in the Central District of California for approximately ten years. He is past president of the Westwood Bar Association and is presently a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. Byron is also a founding member of the Southern California Bankruptcy Inns of Court. Due to his vast experience with receiverships Byron is an active member of the National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER), and currently serves on their Membership Committee.
Byron also serves as a mediator for the Bankruptcy Mediation Program of the Central District of California, and as an attorney settlement officer for the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He regularly speaks at, and writes materials for continuing legal education seminars related to bankruptcy and receivership. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
Byron received his Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University School of Law, and he received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA.
Throughout his career Byron has volunteered substantial time by working with children in local sports, and participating in events sponsored by Crossroads School and Windward School where his children attended.
Byron’s passions include wine, food, and travel.
- June 2016 – Locating and Recovering Hidden or Concealed Assets PFAC 2016 Conference, Indian Wells, CA – Speaker
- January 2015 – Sales Free and Clear for Business and Realty – Does it Matter What Type of Property? Loyola VI Receivership Symposium – Panelist
- May 2013 – Growing Your Real Estate Brokerage Business By Expanding Into New Markets CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), Los Angeles, CA – Speaker
- September 2012 – Real Estate Receiverships CEB, Los Angeles, CA – Panelist
- When Breaking Up Is Hard, Call A Partition Referee Author — Law360, May 2016
- An Interview: Judge Dean Pregerson Author — Receivership News, Summer 2015
- Relativity Bankruptcy Auction: Speed Is an Issue Contributing Member — Variety, August 2015
- Moldo Davidson Fraioli Seror & Sestanovich LLP, Los Angeles, California, Partner