Byron Z. Moldo is a partner in the Bankruptcy and Reorganization Department.
His practice areas include bankruptcy, receivership, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and all aspects of insolvency. He regularly serves as a Receiver in state and federal court cases, as assignee for the benefit of creditors, and as a fiduciary in other court-supervised matters.
Mr. Moldo previously served as a Chapter 7 and 11 Bankruptcy Trustee in the Central District of California for approximately ten years. In addition to being both a Receiver and Trustee, Mr. Moldo represents other receivers and bankruptcy trustees. He also represents creditors’ committees and secured creditors, and has been appointed as a Disbursing Agent and Chapter 11 Plan Confirmation Agent. Mr. Moldo is past president of the Westwood Bar Association and is presently a member of the Insolvency Law Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California. He is also a founding member of the Southern California Bankruptcy Inns of Court.
Mr. Moldo also acts as a Mediator for the Bankruptcy Mediation Program of the Central District of California and as an attorney settlement officer for the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Mr. Moldo has spoken at, and written materials for continuing legal education seminars related to bankruptcy and receivership. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
Mr. Moldo received his Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University School of Law, and he received his Bachelor of Arts degree from UCLA.
- June 2016 – Locating and Recovering Hidden or Concealed Assets PFAC 2016 Conference, Indian Wells, CA – Speaker
- January 2015 – Sales Free and Clear for Business and Realty – Does it Matter What Type of Property? Loyola VI Receivership Symposium – Panelist
- May 2013 – Growing Your Real Estate Brokerage Business By Expanding Into New Markets CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member), Los Angeles, CA – Speaker
- September 2012 – Real Estate Receiverships CEB, Los Angeles, CA – Panelist
- When Breaking Up Is Hard, Call A Partition Referee Author — Law360, May 2016
- An Interview: Judge Dean Pregerson Author — Receivership News, Summer 2015
- Relativity Bankruptcy Auction: Speed Is an Issue Contributing Member — Variety, August 2015
- Moldo Davidson Fraioli Seror & Sestanovich LLP, Los Angeles, California, Partner