W. Edgar Jessup is a founding Partner of the firm and a member of the Business Corporate, and Tax Department.
Mr. Jessup’s areas of practice include general business and corporate law, including directors' and officers' liability issues; and in the area of taxation, his experience extends to corporate, other business entities, estate planning, non-profit organizations, real estate and trust administration issues.
He is co-author of Recapture of Depreciation Under IRC 1245 and author of Law and Specifications for Engineers and Scientists, Prentice-Hall. He spoke at the University of Southern California Tax Institutes and for the California Continuing Education of the Bar programs. Mr. Jessup was a lecturer at the University of Southern California Law Center, in Business Taxation in 1957, 1959‑1972, 1977‑1978, and in Engineering Law from 1950‑1953.
He received his J.D. from the University of Southern California in 1949, and was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and Order of the Coif . While at USC, he served on the Editorial Board of the, Southern California Law Review. Mr. Jessup attended Brown University earning a B.S., magna cum laude, in 1943, and was a member of Tau Beta Pi. He served in the U.S. Navy in World War II, Atlantic and Pacific theaters, and resigned as a Lieutenant, USNR.
Community & Professional
Beverly Hills Bar Association
Los Angeles County Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Judicature Society
Brown University Club of Southern California, Board of Directors, Past President
Westside YMCA, Board of Managers, Past Chairman
Brentwood-Westwood Symphony Orchestra Association, Advisory Director
California Yacht Club
University of Southern California Law Center, Law Review: Southern California Law Review, Editorial Board
Media & Events
- Recapture of Depreciation Under IRC 1245Co-Author, University of Southern California Tax Institute, 1964
- Law and Specifications for Engineers and ScientistsPrentice-Hall, 1963
- How to Draft the Partnership Agreement and Trust Provisions for a Family Partnership with Trusts as PartnersUniversity of Southern California Tax Institute, 1956
- University of Southern California Law CenterLaw, 1977-1978
- University of Southern California Law CenterLaw, 1959-1972
- University of Southern California Law CenterLaw, 1957
- University of Southern California Law CenterEngineering Law, 1950-1953
J.D., University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, Order of the Coif, Phi Kappa Phi
B.S., Brown University, Magna Cum Laude, Tau Beta Pi
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
U.S. Court of Federal Claims