Amy M. Anker is a Partner in the Real Estate Department.
Amy focuses her practice on real estate transactions covering all types of commercial properties, including multifamily, office, industrial, shopping center, retail and mixed-use developments. In addition, Amy advises and counsels high-net worth individuals and developer clients acquiring exclusive luxury homes and residential land in Bel Air, Beverly Hills and surrounding areas. Amy regularly represents both buyers and sellers in all stages of the purchase and sale of real property. She also reviews and negotiates finance documents on behalf of property owners and provides guidance for borrowers throughout financing, refinancing and other loan-related transactions.
Amy’s practice includes extensive title review and assessment of title documents, such as CC&Rs, complex easement agreements and subordination and non-disturbance agreements. She is often called on by clients to draft, analyze and evaluate a wide array of property-related documents, such as construction agreements, leases, licenses, design contracts and property management agreements.
A substantial portion of Amy’s work consists of joint venture fund formation and drafting and preparing corporate entity documents on behalf of individual investors and real estate funds. Amy has a broad range of experience representing Los Angeles County taxpayers in complicated property tax matters involving change of ownership issues and she works closely with the Firm’s tax and estate planning departments to assist in the structuring of intra-family transfers of real property to minimize reassessment. Amy is a registered Tax Agent with Los Angeles County and has appeared in front of the Los Angeles County Assessment Appeals Board.
Amy enjoys running, college football and good television.
Honors & Affiliations
Honors & Recognitions
Southern California, Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018
Community & Professional
Beverly Hills Bar Association
American Bar Association
- General Contractors Beware of Subordination ClausesConstruction Chaos, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, 12.10.2014
- New Energy Benchmarking Law for California BorrowersThe Commercial Loan Ranger, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, 05.05.2014
- Update of California Statutory Law – The California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act – Lenders and Borrowers BewareThe Commercial Loan Ranger, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, 03.19.2014
- Changes in the California Legal Environment for Commercial Lenders and the Dangers of "Extending and Pretending" in Dealing with Commercial Loan ModificationsThe Commercial Loan Ranger, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, 03.05.2014
- Contractor Qualifier Beware – Failure to Supervise Could Lead to Jail Time Under New California LawConstruction Chaos, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, 01.13.2014
J.D., University of Southern California Law School,
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, CA, summa cum laude
- US District Court, Central District of California