Litigation has long been an integral part of our practice at Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP. We have earned our reputation and our clients’ trust as excellent trial and appellate lawyers by obtaining outstanding results in both state and federal courts, and we get those results in a cost-effective manner.
We spend just as much time and energy focused on resolving disputes without litigation through the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) techniques. Negotiation, arbitration and mediation are tools our lawyers use, before or in conjunction with litigation, to maximize our client’s recovery, minimize or eliminate its exposure, and achieve its objectives for the resolution of the dispute. Our eyes are always kept on the prize—best serving the client’s business interests.
Our litigation experience ranges from large, complex matters involving multiple parties and jurisdictions to smaller, more straightforward disputes. Our attorneys have the breadth and depth of experience, along with the professional maturity, to handle litigation in myriad areas, including:
- All aspects of real estate, including land use, construction, title, specific performance, and general real estate disputes
- Appeals, writs and other appellate proceedings
- Estate, trust and probate matters
- Intellectual property such as patent, trademark, copyright, technology, and Internet matters
- Trade secret, unfair competition and related business torts
- Insolvency and creditors’ rights
- Business, contract and commercial matters including corporate governance issues, partnership and corporate control disputes and dissolution, franchise and distribution, and securities
- Employment counseling and related litigation
- Environmental compliance and disputes
- Insurance matters including coverage and bad faith, professional liability and accounting and legal malpractice, and surety/fidelity bonds
- Banking and finance, including lender liability, foreclosures and security interests
Contact ECJ for Your Mediation Services and Litigation Needs
The Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Department of ECJ represents clients in numerous litigation matters each year. For more information regarding the services available from our Department, please contact Allan Cooper at (310) 273-6333.
ECJ’s Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution attorneys serve clients throughout California and across the nation.