Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP has a long and rich tradition of providing legal services to the health care industry. Our Health Care Group has strong ties to several large proprietary hospital systems and maintains ongoing relationships with a diverse mix of organizations and individuals in the health care field. Clients include hospitals (both acute and specialty), academic medical centers, universities, ambulatory surgical centers, specialty providers, home health agencies, skilled nursing and intermediate care facilities, medical groups, physicians, and management services organizations.
Services for the Health Care Industry
We have an impressive track record in helping clients achieve their goals. We have handled more than 100 acquisition and divestiture transactions of hospitals and/or health care systems, having an aggregate value well in excess of $12 billion.
Among the areas of expertise available in our Health Care Group are:
- Joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations
- Purchase, sale and lease of health care facilities
- Facility licensure and accreditation
- Fraud and abuse, including illegal remunerations, prohibited self-referrals, the corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting
- Physician-alignment and clinical integration models, including those arising from professional services, recruitment, directorships, joint activities, space and equipment leasing
- Managed care and operational contracts
- Group practice organization, maintenance, operation, and sale, including physician compensation and risk management
- Regulatory compliance and administrative litigation
- Professional discipline, including license investigations, Medical Board accusations and hearings, medical staff privileges
- Utilization review and quality assurance
- Data and privacy, HIPAA compliance, medical record confidentiality, and informed consent
- Development, purchasing, and leasing of high-tech equipment
- Medical device development and pharmaceutical services and supplies
- Health care-related litigation
- Tax planning, counseling, and controversy work, particularly for tax-exempt organizations
Contact ECJ for Your Health Care Industry Needs
Keeping up and complying with the many changes in the health care arena requires experienced legal counsel. For more information regarding the services available from our Department, please contact John Meyers at (310) 281-6373 or Eric Cheung at (310) 281-6392.
ECJ’s Health Care Law attorneys serve clients throughout California and across the nation.