Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP’s Construction and Environmental Law Practice Group has unique problem-solving expertise, extensive trial and arbitration/mediation experience and substantial experience counseling clients at every stage of a construction projects and regarding environmental issues. The Group excels at assisting and protecting its clients in the planning and development phase of commercial and residential development, and has extensive experience in litigating, mediating and arbitrating all phases and aspects of construction, environmental and development matters.
Construction and Environmental Law Services
ECJ regularly represents property and building owners, developers, regional and national builders, general contractors, subcontractors, product manufacturers, distributors/suppliers, homeowners, architects and engineers, hotel owners, manufacturing plant owners who may use crane hire from websites such https://assisthire.com.au/ and others in construction and environmental matters both locally and across the country. The lawyers in ECJ’s Construction and Environmental Law Department routinely provide legal services in the following areas:
- Contract formation
- Delay and extra work claims
- Construction defect claims and defenses
- Land subsidence
- Mechanics liens and stop notices
- Development contracts, including easements, CC&Rs, tie-backs and other agreements with adjacent owners
- Government contracts
- CEQA Documentation including Environmental Impact Reports and Mitigated Negative Declarations
- Soil and groundwater contamination claims under CERCLA, RWQQ and other statutes and working with environmental agencies at the state, local and federal level regarding contaminated properties
- Clean Water Act claims
- Advising clients regarding environmental due diligence and acquisition of contaminated properties
- Construction Products Liability claims
- Partnership and joint venture agreements
- Development Agreements
- Development disputes
Contact ECJ for Your Construction and Environmental Law Matters
ECJ’s Construction and Environmental Law Department offers its clients the opportunity to collaborate with attorneys who have unique litigation skills and specialized construction and environmental experience. This unique experience and training, together with the wide variety of services offered by ECJ and the depth of that expertise and experience helps to provide an edge that can be the deciding factor in success or failure for our clients.
For more information about the Construction and Environmental Law Department, please contact us to speak with a construction and environmental law attorney at our firm.
Barry MacNaughton – Litigation specialist in construction contract disputes, including delay and extra work claims, mechanics’ liens and construction defect claims and defenses
Debra James – Specialist in negotiating and drafting construction contracts and all forms of development agreements
Joan Velazquez – Specialist in negotiating and drafting all partnership and joint venture agreements for construction projects
Kimberly Lewis – Specialist in all areas of environmental law
Ellia Thompson – Specialist in CEQA and Land Use law
ECJ’s Construction and Environmental Law attorneys serve clients throughout California and across the nation.