Jeffrey R. Glassman, Partner in Ervin Cohen & Jessup’s Business & Corporate Department, will be a featured speaker at the Information Systems Audit and Control Association’s (ISACA) presentation on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This March 19, 2019 event will include an in-depth panel discussion on the scope of the CCPA; compare and contrast its similarities and differences from the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); deliberate on what has been clearly defined or is still a potential grey area in law; and, most importantly, provide insight into how CISOs, auditors, and legal firms are preparing for the new standard being set forth in California.
This discussion will include such topics as:
- What organizations will be required to comply with the new laws?
- Who is defined as a consumer and what degree of legal rights are they guaranteed?
- How is personal information defined and how does it differ from GDPR?
- How does CCPA define “reasonable security measure” and what is required from companies in the event of a data breach?
- What areas should auditors scope in when testing the controls of an organization that is in compliance with the new law?
- Major areas of concern that CISOs, legal, and audit teams need to take into account when complying with the new laws.
Michael Cox, President, SoCal Privacy Consultants
Jeffery Glassman, Partner, Ervin Cohen & Jessup
Jannies Burlingame, President, Institute of Internal Auditors, Los Angeles Chapter
David Alexander, CISO, LADWP (Moderator)
ISACA LA Dinner Meeting
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019
5:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Registration & Networking
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm: Dinner & Program
For more information or to register, visit: https://www.isacala.org/events/dinner-meeting/.