Siobhan C. Amin is an Associate in the Litigation Department.
Siobhan advises clients in the entertainment, media, music, and real estate industries on all aspects of civil and probate litigation in both state and federal courts, and has substantial experience appearing on behalf of clients, including on case-dispositive motions. Siobhan has served as an intern in the appellate chambers of two UN-operated international criminal tribunals: the Khmer Rouge Tribunal in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and the Special Tribunal for Lebanon in The Hague, Netherlands.
During law school, Siobhan served as an extern for the Honorable Justice H. Walter Croskey of the California Court of Appeal.
Siobhan is a volunteer for the Venice Citation Clinic, which assists homeless individuals with their defense to minor “quality of life” infractions they receive living on the streets of Los Angeles. In addition, she is active in the Iranian-American community, including her membership on the Board of the National Iranian American Council.
- Represented high-net-worth individuals in partnership disputes related to profit sharing, corporate governance, and dissolution.
- Represented partners in cases involving accusations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and theft by other partners.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of negligence, interference, defamation, breach of fiduciary duty, and privacy claims brought by former president of nonprofit association against statewide professional association.
- Briefed anti-SLAPP motions arising out of entertainment real estate dispute relating to development of a new film production facility.
- Represented a global hospitality company in connection with a partnership dispute involving a leading hotel in Miami Beach. Claims ranged from contractual allegations to breaches of fiduciary duty. Client and other defendants prevailed on summary adjudication of numerous claims against them and ultimately reached a favorable settlement.
- Represented real estate development firm in arbitration proceeding involving claims relating to breach of purchase and sale agreement.
- “Comparative Analysis of Trade Secret Law in Practice in High-Tech Industrial Districts: A Link Between Trade Secret Protection, Knowledge Spillover, and Industrial Growth?” 2014.