Randall S. Leff is a partner in ECJ’s Litigation, Health Care and Employment Law Departments. His practice areas include health care, business litigation, employment law and real property law. In addition, he has considerable experience representing clients in complex business transactions, health care and employment law.
Mr. Leff was formerly a Staff Attorney for the National Labor Relations Board and the Federal Trade Commission. At the Federal Trade Commission, he litigated antitrust enforcement actions, negotiated consent decrees, supervised and conducted extensive investigations. Prior to joining ECJ, he was a partner at Nebenzahl, Kohn Davies and Leff.
Mr. Leff received his Juris Doctorate degree from Hastings College of Law, University of California, in 1977. During law school, Mr. Leff was review editor, Hastings International and Comparative Law Review 1976-1977. He was the author of U.S. Policy Regarding Recognition of Foreign States, 1 Hastings International and Comparative Law Review 173.
Mr. Leff is a member of the Los Angeles County and American Bar Associations (Member in sections: Litigation, Employment, Forum on Health law) and the National Health Lawyers Association. He is admitted to the District of Columbia Bar and the State Bar of California.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Dissolution Litigation
- Business Torts
- Breach of Fiduciary Relations
- Lenders’ Liability
- Real Property Litigation
- Banking/Creditors’ Rights
- Construction/Mechanics’ Liens
- Health Care Law and Litigation
- Employment Law
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Employment Discrimination
- Wage and Hour Claims
- District of Columbia
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 1977
- Law Review: Hastings International and Comparative Law Review, Review Editor, 1976 – 1977
- “California Court Holds That Piece Rate Employees Are Entitled To Hourly Pay For Waiting Time,” Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, May 2013
- “The Top 20 Mistakes Employers Make When Terminating Employees,” Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, August 2012
- “California Cracks Down on Worker Misclassification” and “The Employment Acceleration Act of 2011,” Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, December 2011
- “U.S. Policy Regarding Recognition of Foreign States”, 1 Hastings International and Comparative Law Review 173
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Member (in sections: Litigation, Employment, Forum on Health Law)
- ProVisors (Professional Association of Trusted Advisors)