- Intellectual Property Litigation and Counseling
- Privacy & Data Security Law
- Financial Fraud Investigation, Prevention & Recovery
- Growth Company Counseling & Risk Management
- Commercial Litigation (Contracts & Torts)
- Litigation Avoidance Counseling
The Los Angeles Business Journal has named Mr. Fraioli one of L.A.’s Top 100 Lawyers, and he has been selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers every year from 2009-2015, as published in Los Angeles magazine.
Mr. Fraioli fights for his clients in the courtroom and the boardroom. His clients are often in the “tech” space, and often own or use intellectual property and related know-how. As a young lawyer in New York, prior to the internet revolution, his personal interest in “hi-tech” companies led him to the Intellectual Property Group at Weil, Gotshal & Manges, where he and his colleagues represented many large firms with substantial portfolios of patents, trade secrets and/or copyrights and trademarks, including Genentech (NYSE:GEN), UNIX International (UI) and Album Graphics Inc. (AGI).
Since moving to California in the mid-90s, Mr. Fraioli has continued to represent both “hi-tech” and “lo-tech” growth companies, with an emphasis on “pure play internet” and other members of “Digital” Los Angeles, from the Inland Empire to what has now become “Silicon Beach”. These have included Internet Brands (Nasdaq:INET); Applied Companies; Foodbeast TM, Origin Oil (Nasdaq:OOIL.OB); Women’s Investment Network; Autodata, Signeo International (HK:SYM) and International Checkout TM.
Mr. Fraioli has also handled complex, commercial litigation for representative clients such as First Bank of Delaware; Manulife Financial (NYSE:MFC); RNC Genter Capital Management; John Hancock Life Insurance Co.; Fortris Financial; Interpublic Group (NYSE:IPG); Circuit City.
Mr. Fraioli believes that his achievements and setbacks as a small business entrepreneur, active investor and former Member of the New York Stock Exchange have made him a far better business lawyer. Most recently, he was chosen to, and did, run a multi-hundred-million dollar, international business as a federal court-appointed Receiver, and has served as a business Monitor over the same, worldwide enterprise, appointed by the United States District Court in Los Angeles. This work led him to China many times, and he has maintained that connection, serving as Of Counsel to a Chinese-American Joint Venture, Western Surgical Partners, with offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
Mr. Fraioli received his legal education at the University of Chicago Law School (J.D. 1988), and graduated from Georgetown University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government (1985). He has been a member of the Professional Responsibility & Ethics Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar, the Attorneys’ Professional Liability Bar Association, and numerous other Bar Associations and sections.
Mr. Fraioli was born in New York City on December 31, 1963. He was admitted to the New York and Connecticut Bars in 1989 and 1990, the California Bar in 1997 after moving here, and is a member of all the federal courts in California and several in New York. He is also a member of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, which hears patent appeals.
- Speaker, “How Business Can Avoid Legal Land Mines”, November 12, 2009, presented to The Century City Business Forum
- Speaker, “Enhancing Your Balance Sheet: Protecting Your Trade Secrets”, October 14, 2009, presented to The Executive Forum
- Speaker, “Intellectual Property and Fraud: A Sometimes Busy Intersection”, September 9, 2009, presented to The Century City Business Forum
- Speaker, “Receivership Uses and Practices”, June 5, 2009, meeting of San Gabriel Valley Bar Association
- Speaker, “Keeping Your Business Out of Court: Legal Audits and Other Preventive Maintenance”, September, 2005, presented to the California Capital Market Place
- Contributor, People Magazine, CourtTV Radio and similar media outlets
- New York, 1989
- Connecticut, 1990
- California, 1997
Past Employment Positions
- Partner, Moldo Davidson Fraioli Seror & Sestanovich LLP, Los Angeles, California, 2002 – 2009
- Principal, Several Small Business Ventures, 1992 – 2002
- Attorney, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, New York City, 1988 – 1992
- Member, New York Stock Exchange, 1998 – 2005
- Investor, 1994 – present