- Intellectual Property Litigation and Counseling
- Privacy & Data Security Law
- Representation of Entrepreneurs & Portfolio Companies
- Financial Fraud Investigation, Prevention & Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Proposition 65 Notice Litigation
The Los Angeles Business Journal has named Mr. Fraioli one of L.A.’s Top 100 Lawyers, and he has been selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers every year from 2009-2015, as published in Los Angeles magazine. Mr. Fraioli fights for his clients in the courtroom and the boardroom. As a technology lawyer, his clients often own or license intellectual property and related know-how.
Mr. Fraioli began his career in New York City, at Weil, Gotshal & Manges, where he and his colleagues represented many large firms with substantial portfolios of patents, trade secrets, copyrights and/or trademarks, including Genentech, UNIX International, General Electric Capital Corp. and Album Graphics Inc. Since moving to California in the mid-90s, Mr. Fraioli has continued to represent technology firms and funds, from the Inland Empire to Silicon Beach, that are part of “Digital L.A.” and the Los Angeles CleanTech sphere, including: Internet Brands; Foodbeast, Inc. (foodbeast.com); Women’s Investment Network; Autodata; C2GO, Green Commuter and International Checkout. He has also handled complex, commercial litigation for members of the Fortune 500.
As a former Member of the New York Stock Exchange, and an investor and entrepreneur himself, Mr. Fraioli has a unique combination of legal and business experience. He believes this has made him a far better business lawyer. Recently, he was appointed by the United States District Court in Los Angeles to run a multi-hundred-million dollar, international business as a federal court-appointed Receiver, and later served as a business Monitor over the same, worldwide enterprise. Mr. Fraioli has also served as Counsel to a Chinese-American Joint Venture, Western Surgical Partners, with offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
Mr. Fraioli graduated from the University of Chicago Law School (J.D. 1988), and Georgetown University, cum laude, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government (1985). He has been a member of the Professional Responsibility & Ethics Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar, the Beverly Hills Bar Association, ProVisors’ Silicon Beach Group, the All Cities Network, and the Beverly Hills Masterminds & Friendly Professionals. Mr. Fraioli was born in New York City on December 31, 1963. He was admitted to the New York and Connecticut Bars in 1989 and 1990, the California Bar in 1997 after moving here, and is a member of all the state and federal courts in California and several in New York. He is also a member of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals, which hears patent appeals.
- Panelist, Executive Forum — ISSA-LA Security Summit 7: “An Information Governance Program Is No Longer Optional For Business” Information Security Systems Association — Los Angeles Chapter — 7th Annual Information Security Summit, Los Angeles, June 4, 2015
- Speaker, Bolton “Best Practices” Speaker Series: “A Proper Information Governance Program Is a Competitive Advantage”
- Speaker, ProVisor’s IT Affinity Group: “Big Data, Information Security & Data Privacy: A Primer”
- Speaker, Managing Partner’s Roundtable: “Every Business Needs An Information Governance Program (And Professional Services Firms Are Businesses, Too)”
- Speaker, All Cities Finance Group: “What Do We Do Now? Data Privacy & Cybersecurity for “Financial Institutions” In The Era of the Data Breach”
- Regular Presentations to Businesses and Trade Groups on Data Privacy & Cybersecurity: “Your New, Required Information Governance Program: How Outsourcing Can Help Solve Your Compliance, Budget & Risk Management Needs”
- Speaker, “How Business Can Avoid Legal Land Mines”, The Century City Business Forum, November 12, 2009
- Speaker, “Enhancing Your Balance Sheet: Protecting Your Trade Secrets”, The Executive Forum, October 14, 2009
- Speaker, “Intellectual Property and Fraud: A Sometimes Busy Intersection”, The Century City Business Forum, September 9, 2009
- Speaker, “Receivership Uses and Practices”, San Gabriel Valley Bar Association, June 5, 2009
- Speaker, “Keeping Your Business Out of Court: Legal Audits and Other Preventive Maintenance”, California Capital Market Place, September, 2005
- Contributor, People Magazine, CourtTV Radio and similar media outlets
- New York, 1989
- Connecticut, 1990
- California, 1997
Past Employment Positions
- Partner, Moldo Davidson Fraioli Seror & Sestanovich LLP, Los Angeles, California, 2002 – 2009
- Principal, Several Small Business Ventures, 1992 – 2002
- Attorney, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, New York City, 1988 – 1992
- Member, New York Stock Exchange, 1998 – 2005
- Investor, 1994 – present