Howard Hart is Of Counsel in the Business and Corporate Law Department with extensive experience in corporate and securities law.
He has expansive experience in counseling both public and private companies, as well as in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of public and privately held entities; equity and debt financing transactions, including both public offerings and private placements; and the formation and operation of investment partnerships.
Mr. Hart also has expertise in corporate governance matters (including issues arising under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and related SEC and stock exchange rules); the negotiation and documentation of joint ventures, partnerships and strategic alliances for public and privately held entities; and employment consulting and stock option agreements. As the former general counsel of a real estate company, he has also devoted significant attention to the offering of securities in real estate ventures, real estate purchases and sales, financings, leasing and property management matters.
Mr. Hart is also active in community affairs. He has served on the Boards of several community associations and has been recognized by the city of Los Angeles for his contributions.
- Representation of investment and private equity funds and their sponsors, including organization of funds, offering of interests in the funds and representation of the funds in connection with their investments
- Representation of buyers and sellers in numerous mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries (e.g., consumer products, real estate, airline)
- Representation of a consumer products company in a recent initial public offering
- General representation of public and private companies
- Representation of two unrelated investment funds in formation of a joint venture and in connection with their purchase and subsequent sale of a significant consumer products company
- Representation of a New York Stock Exchange-listed automotive products company in a recapitalization
- Representation of a special committee of the Board of Directors of a public Internet telephony company in connection with an investment by AT&T