Amy M. Anker is Of Counsel in the Real Estate Department.
Amy focuses her practice on real estate transactions covering all types of commercial properties, including multifamily, office, industrial, shopping center, retail and mixed-use developments. In addition, Amy advises and counsels high-net worth individuals and developer clients acquiring exclusive luxury homes and residential land in Bel Air, Beverly Hills and surrounding areas. Amy regularly represents both buyers and sellers in all stages of the purchase and sale of real property. She also reviews and negotiates finance documents on behalf of property owners and provides guidance for borrowers throughout financing, refinancing and other loan-related transactions.
Amy’s practice includes extensive title review and assessment of title documents, such as CC&Rs, complex easement agreements and subordination and non-disturbance agreements. She is often called on by clients to draft, analyze and evaluate a wide array of property-related documents, such as construction agreements, leases, licenses, design contracts and property management agreements.
A substantial portion of Amy’s work consists of joint venture fund formation and drafting and preparing corporate entity documents on behalf of individual investors and real estate funds. Amy has a broad range of experience representing Los Angeles County taxpayers in complicated property tax matters involving change of ownership issues and she works closely with the Firm’s tax and estate planning departments to assist in the structuring of intra-family transfers of real property to minimize reassessment. Amy is a registered Tax Agent with Los Angeles County and has appeared in front of the Los Angeles County Assessment Appeals Board.
Amy received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Southern California Law School, and she received her Bachelor of Arts degree from University of California, Berkeley.
Amy enjoys running, college football and good television.
- “Labor Commissioner Hearings Not Subject To Arbitration Agreement” Author — Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, June 2011
- “Employment Standards Applied to Arbitration Agreements with Independent Contractors” Author — Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, May 2011
- “Proposition Provides Relief to Taxpayers Who Recently Purchased California Real Property” Author — Real Estate Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, Winter 2008
- “Is a Leave Sharing Program Right for You?” Author — Employment Law Reporter, Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, December 2007
- “…And the Ruling on the Field Is Fair: A Fair Use Analysis of Uploading NFL Videos onto YouTube and Why the NFL Should License Its Material to the Website” 17 S. Cal. Interdis. L.J. 173, Author , Fall 2007